My name is Glendene Grant and I have an answer to your question: HOW BAD IS SEX TRAFFICKING IN LAS VEGAS?
In a word: RAMPANT!
In a few words: It is out of control!
Remember: WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS STAYS IN VEGAS!
My daughter is JESSIE FOSTER. Jessie is an international endangered missing woman and the victim of human trafficking. Jessie is from Kamloops, BC Canada and she went missing from her home in North Las Vegas, NV USA on March 29, 2006.
When Jessie first went missing, the officer in charge of the case, Det. Molnar told me that Jessie probably decided to leave on her own and has started a new life somewhere else. He said that he found a missing woman one time and she told him to tell her mother she did not want to see her again – to which I told him then he would have to get her to tell me to my face, because Jessie would NEVER do that.
Then he said, “besides . . . you know, it is a big desert out there, and she will probably be found one day”.
With nothing to suggest my daughter would leave her family in turmoil and choose to leave her life behind and start a new one OR that Jessie was dead, this is what he told me.
Then he had the nerve to tell me that the media would never be interested in Jessie’s case because there is nothing sensational about it. I LOOKED AT HIM, AND TOOK IT AS A DARE . . . how DARE he say that to the mother of a missing child, and – to me, he DARED me to get media attention. Det. Molnar obviously has no clue what it is like to be a mother bear, I DO . . . I am one!
Jessie went missing on March 29, 2006, the North Las Vegas refused to take a missing person’s report until April 9, 2006 and within two weeks, I was getting media attention for Jessie:
- On April 24, 2006 the Geraldo at Large producer was at my home in Canada filming a segment on Jessie’s disappearance.
- On the October 11, 2006 episode of the Maury Povich Show did a missing person’s episode and showed Jessie’s missing information.
- On April 26, 2007 I was on the Montel Williams Show, the topic was human trafficking. This show was aired several times. Plus a new update to Jessie’s case on July 8, 2008.
- In August 2007 Jessie’s story had a full page article in the National Enquirer.
- In August 2007 Jessie’s story came out in a book called MISSING! The Disappeared, Lost and Abducted in Canada – by Lisa Wojna.
- In August 2008 Jessie’s case was aired on America’s Most Wanted. There is a page on their website dedicated to Jessie. There was a new update to Jessie’s case on December 19, 2009.
- In August 2009 Jessie’s case was 1 of 15 that was featured on E! Entertainment’s documentary, Young Beautiful and Vanished.
- On February 14, 2010 I was invited to be a guest speaker at the 19th Annual Women’s Memorial March in Vancouver, BC.
- On March 29, 2010 Jessie’s case was featured on CTV’s Canada AM about Jessie being missing 4 years that day. I was on with Diana Trepkov, Canada’s Leading Forensic Artist who had just completed a series of age enhancement drawings of Jessie. One showed her as a she would look, as human trafficking victim for 4 years.
- In April 2010 there was an award named after Jessie, called the Glendene & Jessie Foster Award that was given to many people who are working to help end human trafficking (Canadian MP Joy Smith; Chief of York Ontario, Canada Police, Armand LaBarge; Canada’s leading human trafficking expert and author, Professor Benjamin Perrin; and many, many more).
- In September 2010 Professor Benjamin Perrin’s book, Invisible Chains: Canada’s Underground World of Human Trafficking is being released, Jessie’s case is included in this book.
- THERE IS SO MUCH MORE . . . BUT I THINK YOU GET MY POINT – AND I THINK DETECTIVE MOLNAR GOT ME!!
Human trafficking is the number 3 illegal money making activity in the world. The top 3 are: DRUGS, GUNS & HUMAN TRAFFICKING (or HUMAN TRADE, also known as PEOPLE . . . as our loved ones).
- DRUGS can be sold only & used once
- GUNS can be sold & used many times
- PEOPLE can be (and are) sold & used over and over and over again.
So I plan on starting an organization called M.A.T.H. (Mother’s Against Trafficking Humans). (I don’t know what to do, all I know is I WILL do it.)
Do the M.A.T.H.!
2.5 million people are trafficked yearly around the world*
PLUS a global annual market of about $42.5 billion**
EQUALS who is getting rich? Someone is, and it is not the victims and their families.
*The United Nations estimates 2.5 million people from 127 different countries are being trafficked around the world annually.
**The Council of Europe states there is a global annual market of about $42.5 billion.
So, even though Human Trafficking runs RAMPANT in Las Vegas, I am doing every single thing I can to prevent it.
If I am able to prevent just one person from becoming a human trafficking victim, then I will be able to live the rest of my life in relative peace, with or without getting my Jessie back or ever finding answers to what happened to her.
If I am able to prevent another member of my family from going through this hell, then my job as Jessie’s mother would not have been in vain. Jessie would not have gone missing in vain.
Sincerely, not just Jessie’s mom, but also Crystal, Katie & Jennee’s mom and JJ, ML & IJ’s grandma, Glendene Grant.